Other issues or features related to Microsoft Edge on macOS
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I get a new tab everytime I click on a link, which is a pain as closing the link is not working well.
Other issues or features related to Microsoft Edge on macOS
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi I've found how to solve this issue
the problem is from Bing (the search engine) not Edge (Browser)
This works if you're doing a search for other sites within the same tab. If you click on a link, it will open on the same tab. But if I click on a link from my Collections, it opens a new tab for every link I click in the Collection. However, my work computer still opens the Collection link in the same tab I'm in. I wonder how they set it up there.
every time I try to change this setting and hit save, the page refreshes and the options are changed back to open new tab turned on. Is my organization preventing me from making this change? if so, how can I get it to stick permanently?
Tried this method and it didn't work. I restarted both the PC and browser to ensure I was clearing active tasks/settings.
I did check the Internet Options setting, and it still reflected the "Open links from other programs in: The current tab or window" was still active.
JP
There is no option that says "Open sites in new tabs after I click on a link."