Other issues or features related to Microsoft Edge on macOS
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I get a new tab everytime I click on a link, which is a pain as closing the link is not working well.
Other issues or features related to Microsoft Edge on macOS
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi I've found how to solve this issue
the problem is from Bing (the search engine) not Edge (Browser)
The fix mentioned above only works for search results. This is how you fix it:
there is no (Open sites in new tabs after I click on a link.")
Thank-you! That issue was also driving me crazy!!
Hello, SamuelRH.
Welcome to Microsoft Community.
I have some ideas.
This issue is likely unsolvable.
I have studied web development before.
The redirection of links is usually set by the developers.
(By modifying the corresponding code, you can decide whether the webpage will redirect directly or create a new tab.)
Most notably, some websites open links in new tabs while others redirect in the same tab.
Perhaps you can try testing with a different browser.
Since it is indeed possible to achieve this by modifying the website's code, try this to eliminate the possibility.
If there are any updates, please feel free to reply.
Best regards.
Malygos - MSFT | Microsoft Community Support Specialist