How to make Edge to open links on the same tab by default

Anonymous
2024-04-21T01:54:59+00:00

I get a new tab everytime I click on a link, which is a pain as closing the link is not working well.

Microsoft Edge | Other | MacOS

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2024-05-02T14:37:42+00:00

Hi I've found how to solve this issue

the problem is from Bing (the search engine) not Edge (Browser)

  1. Search Something on Bing
  2. Tap the 3-dash button setting on the upper right corner
  3. open safety search
  4. in safety search, turn off open new tab after link click
  5. make sure you save the setting

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-11-25T19:46:11+00:00

    Yay! finally!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-11-21T20:49:19+00:00

    "pop-ups and redirects" appears but there's no option that says "Open sites in new tabs after I click on a link." so this didn't help

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-11-20T22:25:28+00:00

    Yes, this worked when you're doing a search and clicking a link, and links on the Favorites Toolbar. However, when clicking news links on the start-up page or from Collections, they still open on new tabs.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-11-20T22:06:49+00:00

    There is no option in "Pop-ups and redirects" that says, "Open sites in new tabs after I click on a link."

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments