Other issues or features related to Microsoft Edge on Windows 10
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
My small "m" key does not work in Edge on certain sites. All other small and large keys work including the large M. I checked my other computer running Win 11 and same thing. It seems an Edge problem. Is there a fix that you know of?
Other issues or features related to Microsoft Edge on Windows 10
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hello TonyPalladino
Welcome to the Microsoft community.
To address the issue with the small "m" key not working in Microsoft Edge on certain sites, you can try a few troubleshooting steps. First, ensure Microsoft Edge is up to date by checking in the settings under "About Microsoft Edge."
Additionally, clearing the browser's cache and browsing history might help resolve this problem. To do this,
Press Ctrl + Shift + Delete and follow the prompts to clear your browsing data.
Disclaimer: Your browser automatically saves temporary internet files to help pages load faster. Clearing this cache will sometimes fix website issues. Please back up all your personal files first, such as Favorites, to ensure you do not lose data.
If there is anything not clear or I can't understand your problem, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Best Regards
Patch - MSFT | Microsoft Community Support Specialist
none of these steps helped. The small "m" is working for every other browser and application including word processing, but when I click on a article in Edge, and then click to comment on that article, the small "m" will not register. Very odd error, as the small m works in the URL bar and search engines in the Edge browser, just not for commenting on articles in my case.. As a result, I will not be using the Edge browser until this annoying issue is fixed. If there is another fix you can suggest that was not listed, I am all ears. Thanks! (edit) I am on Windows 10 Home.
I have the exact same issue. Only with the lower-case 'm', and only in the Edge browser. How bad do you have to mess something up to get this specific oddity to pop-up? I really wish Microsoft would just give up on the browser attempts and focus on just operating systems.
Yup, same for me- has been like that for a while now - lower case m when commenting does not work. Copy and paste the link to the same exact article in a different browser and it works just fine. It is 100% an issue with Edge browser
Just a quick question, When did the key stop working. I am a conservative and was posting comments when it happened to me. I'm not a conspiracy theorist but makes me wonder if this is a MSN censorship trick. It only effects the comments on MSN? But not one Radical leftist has said this is happening to them.