Microsoft Edge small "m" keyboard issue

Anonymous
2024-03-01T17:12:07+00:00

My small "m" key does not work in Edge on certain sites. All other small and large keys work including the large M. I checked my other computer running Win 11 and same thing. It seems an Edge problem. Is there a fix that you know of?

Microsoft Edge | Other | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-03-20T16:11:27+00:00

    I have the same exact problem. Happens on the dark pages if I want to post a comment. I need to use a Capped M to make it work. If I wrote a sentence with M's, it would look like this: y eories when I was a kid eant a lot to e. My eories as a kid meant a lot to me. So, you have to type it like this: My MeMories as a kid, Meant a lot to Me. But if spellcheck is highlighted, and you click on it, you will get the small m's back... But only some words are fixable. There is definitely an issue here.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-03-19T14:56:51+00:00

    It is still a problem. Furthermore, it is rampant. If you check most of the comments, if not all the comments, you will see a lot of capital M in place of small m

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-03-19T14:48:55+00:00

    On one of the updates. I now notice it is happening to a lot of people. BUT it is only when you go to a video on microsoft edge and post a comment. I notice, and hopefully the Microsoft techs will notice, that it is occurring to a lot of people posting comments, NOT JUST ME.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-03-19T13:07:34+00:00

    Just a quick question, When did the key stop working. I am a conservative and was posting comments when it happened to me. I'm not a conspiracy theorist but makes me wonder if this is a MSN censorship trick. It only effects the comments on MSN? But not one Radical leftist has said this is happening to them.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-03-19T00:08:28+00:00

    Yup, same for me- has been like that for a while now - lower case m when commenting does not work. Copy and paste the link to the same exact article in a different browser and it works just fine. It is 100% an issue with Edge browser

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments