Troubleshooting browser crashes or performance issues on Windows 11
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi,
I am getting the Error code: Out of Memory issue occurring on Edge almost daily, it can happen at various points during the day, normally I have at max 3-5 tabs open on edge normally but no more than 10 tabs open at a maximum and sometimes I may have a game playing on my other monitor. This occurs both when I have games running and when they are closed.
Sometimes this results in my games crashing to desktop or the GPU drivers/task manager crashes and I get a black screen and it looks like it when you boot into safe mode and the GPU drivers have been reset and I cannot use my other monitors during this process, restarting usually fixes this for a period of time.
I do have three extensions enabled, they are AdBlock Plus, and two twitch extensions: Better TTV & FrankerFaceZ
I have tried reinstalling edge, clearing browsing data, cookies. I also have tried this with chrome, and it does the same thing. It is really frustrating.
My PC Specs are.
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
RAM: 64GB 3600 MHz Corsair DDR4
GPU: Gigabyte Vision 3030 and the current driver is 551.23.
My current windows version is 23H2 and is up to date.
My Microsoft edge version is Version 121.0.2277.98 (Official build) (64-bit)
Troubleshooting browser crashes or performance issues on Windows 11
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
cannot access the three dots and or settings period get a new fix now
Your not the only one as i have the same problem and microsoft is the problem. they issued this update that rendered edge useless. I am so very angry as i have lost all my files and passwords because of this update from Microsoft and want them to pay for a new comp or come up with a fix.
The problem is when you open the three dots and try to access the settings its not there. You get a page saying theres not enough memory for this to open. You need to come up with a better fix or Microsoft is going to be paying alot of customers for new computers that they destroyed
Hello. As of 2/29/24 I am not able to use edge at all due to memory error code. I cannot even access settings. This happened after the new update for edge and the new dev home got installed on my pc. I am running an hp pavilion from 2021, windows 10 due to work requirements (my organization software does not support windows 11), cannot update the security that came available in early february either because windows created an update that is too large of a file for this pc. I am also running 8 gigs ram. Is microsoft trying to push users to buy new pcs and switch to 11? This is just not acceptable, especially for those of us who still work from home. A patch is needed, and better updates demanded. Fyi, I have tried all available fixes and nothing works.
So when are you going to fix this error, when you updating Edge that works with this security feature enabled?
I don't want to run my browser with security settings disabled.