Microsoft Edge Error Code: Out of Memory fixes?

Anonymous
2024-02-03T12:53:09+00:00

Hi,

I am getting the Error code: Out of Memory issue occurring on Edge almost daily, it can happen at various points during the day, normally I have at max 3-5 tabs open on edge normally but no more than 10 tabs open at a maximum and sometimes I may have a game playing on my other monitor. This occurs both when I have games running and when they are closed.

Sometimes this results in my games crashing to desktop or the GPU drivers/task manager crashes and I get a black screen and it looks like it when you boot into safe mode and the GPU drivers have been reset and I cannot use my other monitors during this process, restarting usually fixes this for a period of time.

I do have three extensions enabled, they are AdBlock Plus, and two twitch extensions: Better TTV & FrankerFaceZ

I have tried reinstalling edge, clearing browsing data, cookies. I also have tried this with chrome, and it does the same thing. It is really frustrating.

My PC Specs are.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X

RAM: 64GB 3600 MHz Corsair DDR4

GPU: Gigabyte Vision 3030 and the current driver is 551.23.

My current windows version is 23H2 and is up to date.                                              

My Microsoft edge version is Version 121.0.2277.98 (Official build) (64-bit)

Microsoft Edge | Browser crashes or stops working | Windows 11

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-03-03T02:42:17+00:00

    Can also manually grab the update to Edge (from the Microsoft Edge download site) and have it install

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-03-03T02:40:28+00:00

    Well the registry would be the only workaround for users who don't have another machine with an insider build or who can't install the beta version

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-03-02T01:19:24+00:00

    Which would be great, if only guest mode would work without the out of memory error code even though I have nothing else opened and the bare minimum running in task manager.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-03-01T21:34:51+00:00

    this help me, thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-03-01T07:46:35+00:00

    Hi Shawn,

    Hardware Acceleration was already disabled and had been for a while.

    Hi, I don't know if this will help but the security of the browser is causing this issue with the new update...
    To fix this issue, Go to "Settings>Privacy, search and services," scroll down to the "Security" section and then turn off "Enhance your security on the web." setting. This is what helped me, hope it helps you too... Cheers!

    Also if you cannot get into settings because initially I couldn't, I use this link to get back into Edge.
    How to reset Microsoft Edge completely from a Microsoft Account to - Microsoft Community

    Thank you so much this was happening to me, and this 100% fixed it for me.

    Sadly I am not really wanting to reduce the security on my device by disabling this device, but will for now and hoping Microsoft fixes this issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments