Troubleshooting browser crashes or performance issues on Windows 11
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi,
I am getting the Error code: Out of Memory issue occurring on Edge almost daily, it can happen at various points during the day, normally I have at max 3-5 tabs open on edge normally but no more than 10 tabs open at a maximum and sometimes I may have a game playing on my other monitor. This occurs both when I have games running and when they are closed.
Sometimes this results in my games crashing to desktop or the GPU drivers/task manager crashes and I get a black screen and it looks like it when you boot into safe mode and the GPU drivers have been reset and I cannot use my other monitors during this process, restarting usually fixes this for a period of time.
I do have three extensions enabled, they are AdBlock Plus, and two twitch extensions: Better TTV & FrankerFaceZ
I have tried reinstalling edge, clearing browsing data, cookies. I also have tried this with chrome, and it does the same thing. It is really frustrating.
My PC Specs are.
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
RAM: 64GB 3600 MHz Corsair DDR4
GPU: Gigabyte Vision 3030 and the current driver is 551.23.
My current windows version is 23H2 and is up to date.
My Microsoft edge version is Version 121.0.2277.98 (Official build) (64-bit)
Troubleshooting browser crashes or performance issues on Windows 11
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I never had problems with Edge, now every time I watch a video on YouTube I get:
This page is having a problem
Try coming back to it later.
You could also:
. Open a new tab
. Refresh this page
Error code: Out of Memory
So when are you going to fix this error, when you updating Edge that works with this security feature enabled?
I don't want to run my browser with security settings disabled.
I faced the same problem as well. I spent all night before I figured out this solution and of course, when fixed this issue I came across this thread :)
Yes, turning the security off is the right solution, unfortunately.
@Microsoft, please, fix this as soon as it's possible due to our privacy on the web.
The most annoying thing is when the online profile will synchronize with this bug. When this happens, there is a need to do a lot of somersaults and workarounds before resetting the online profile will succeed. Earlier, should be sure to make a backup of the "Default" folder in the Edge profile ("%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Edge\User Data").
Nails89: Your solution works for me too. Thank you.
FWIW there's an Edge here that has been suffering tab crashes of this type for many months now (on a specific website, using a specific browser extension, and so on) and there this "Enhance your security on the web" setting was already deactivated.
Well i am not sure... check to see if any of the settings in that same part because i realized some stuff has changed, so troubleshoot with those settings maybe?
I am sorry i could not help you anymore and i hope you find a solution soon!!
Edit: actually try this link...
How to reset Microsoft Edge completely from a Microsoft Account to - Microsoft Community
I dont know if this will help but it worked for me when i couldn't use the browser