Microsoft Edge Error Code: Out of Memory fixes?

Anonymous
2024-02-03T12:53:09+00:00

Hi,

I am getting the Error code: Out of Memory issue occurring on Edge almost daily, it can happen at various points during the day, normally I have at max 3-5 tabs open on edge normally but no more than 10 tabs open at a maximum and sometimes I may have a game playing on my other monitor. This occurs both when I have games running and when they are closed.

Sometimes this results in my games crashing to desktop or the GPU drivers/task manager crashes and I get a black screen and it looks like it when you boot into safe mode and the GPU drivers have been reset and I cannot use my other monitors during this process, restarting usually fixes this for a period of time.

I do have three extensions enabled, they are AdBlock Plus, and two twitch extensions: Better TTV & FrankerFaceZ

I have tried reinstalling edge, clearing browsing data, cookies. I also have tried this with chrome, and it does the same thing. It is really frustrating.

My PC Specs are.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X

RAM: 64GB 3600 MHz Corsair DDR4

GPU: Gigabyte Vision 3030 and the current driver is 551.23.

My current windows version is 23H2 and is up to date.                                              

My Microsoft edge version is Version 121.0.2277.98 (Official build) (64-bit)

Microsoft Edge | Browser crashes or stops working | Windows 11

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-03-01T13:27:36+00:00

    Your not the only one as i have the same problem and microsoft is the problem. they issued this update that rendered edge useless. I am so very angry as i have lost all my files and passwords because of this update from Microsoft and want them to pay for a new comp or come up with a fix.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-03-01T03:24:28+00:00

    The problem is more complex than expected, the above solutions are not perfect, I am in the process of organizing a more effective solution, please be patient for a few minutes.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-03-01T01:06:45+00:00

    FWIW there's an Edge here that has been suffering tab crashes of this type for many months now (on a specific website, using a specific browser extension, and so on) and there this "Enhance your security on the web" setting was already deactivated.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-03-01T11:15:38+00:00

    Hello. As of 2/29/24 I am not able to use edge at all due to memory error code. I cannot even access settings. This happened after the new update for edge and the new dev home got installed on my pc. I am running an hp pavilion from 2021, windows 10 due to work requirements (my organization software does not support windows 11), cannot update the security that came available in early february either because windows created an update that is too large of a file for this pc. I am also running 8 gigs ram. Is microsoft trying to push users to buy new pcs and switch to 11? This is just not acceptable, especially for those of us who still work from home. A patch is needed, and better updates demanded. Fyi, I have tried all available fixes and nothing works.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-03-01T03:26:17+00:00

    I just got the same problem today with 32GB of ram, 28GB free. The solution for me was to go into the top left corner of the tab and sign out of your account. I am using a new account and it works perfectly fine, but if I try to switch back to my actual account it says that I’m out of memory.

    Yes, this happened to me as well.... but what i had to do was the above link...
    How to reset Microsoft Edge completely from a Microsoft Account to - Microsoft Community

    And after i did what the link said to do, i was able to sign back into my account and use the browser like i was before the update,... i also deleted that old version as well and it been working for me ever since.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments