Why does Copilot keep telling me to sign in?

Anonymous
2024-03-22T19:00:54+00:00

Why does Copilot keep telling me "it looks like I've been signed out? I'm signed in to my personal Microsoft account, using a fully updated Windows 10 Pro desktop, using updated Edge or Chrome browsers. I have a Copilot Pro subscription and yet I am unable to ask it a question without it telling me it looks like I've been signed out--very frustrating. I will cancel my subscription if I can't use the product. I've also cleared the browser caches.

Microsoft Edge | Other | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2024-04-18T21:37:30+00:00

For me, I found the fix: I had a VPN turned on, and I forgot that. So I turned the VPN off and suddenly everything worked again. Sharing in the small chance this works for you too

Thanks for posting this. Copilot was doing the same to me with my VPN on. I turned off VPN and Copilot works again.

<removed CoC> I USE A VPN TO PROTECT ME ONLINE AND FORCING PEOPLE TO TURN OFF THEIR VPN TO USE YOUR SERVICE IS JUST INSANE!!!!!

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

54 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-04-25T23:31:08+00:00

    This 1000%. In this day and age a good antimalware suite and VPN are probably the least you should do to protect yourself.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-05-10T14:14:47+00:00

    May be they just wanted to make more money and you get the service if you paid the fees for a pro copilot

    so actually try what i have done free gemini google and free ChatGPT 3.5 this is also very frustrating because we are living in some country where it is necessary to get the VPN open and we have no others choice

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-05-14T08:20:52+00:00

    Unfortunately, in China Copilot does not work. You need a VPN.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-05-14T16:43:46+00:00

    Thanks a lot I use on all my devices and strangely Copilot works well with my phone but not with my laptop 😝😝😝 2?different network

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments