Managing tabs, address bar, and search settings in Edge on Windows 11
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
The MS Edge browser opens up with a wave of trash clickbait and spammy ads. I understand you can edit the topics that appear on the browser tab when you open the new browser, which is effective, until it turns itself back on after a while. The articles are blatant clickbait, a lot of them even written like this: Th.is art!CL.e is Cl.ic.kbA.!t. The ads also disguise themselves as articles. The articles themselves have low quality, unverifiable content, many of which do not even have a "report ad / article" button. It's been a pathetic experience on this browser, which is shocking for a MS product. Please inform me how can we remove these spammy ads and clickbait entirely, and if not, let me know so I can action it accordingly.
Managing tabs, address bar, and search settings in Edge on Windows 11
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hello, I’m Virginia, a fellow user like yourself.
Sorry to hear you’re experiencing problems. May I ask which Windows 10/11 build are you running - 21H2 or 22H2?
I would suggest using an adblocker browser extension like AdGuard, Ghostery &/or Malwarebytes. These should block the scam type ads if not all ads.
You can also report these via the feedback app - Windows key + F key if there’s no report button.
Oh my goodness, THANK YOU! I was so tired of seeing those ridiculously sensationalized headlines that were all but predicting the end of the world due to weather events.
Its the MS widgets page
it reflects on the quality of window browser and marketing strategy. But those who make money from it could not care less
Try a decent browser like Firefox or Chrome