How to Turn Off Ad Blocker in Edge

Anonymous
2023-10-15T22:01:10+00:00

I' need to turn off ad blocker in edge.

I've spent the last half hour trying to find this setting.

Cal anyone tell me how to turn off ad blocker??

James

Microsoft Edge | Browser extensions | Windows 11

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2023-12-03T02:19:24+00:00

Hi

Welcome to Microsoft community.

To turn off the ad blocker in Microsoft Edge, you need to disable the tracking prevention feature. Here's how:

  1. Open Microsoft Edge.
  2. Click on the three horizontal dots in the upper-right corner of the browser window to open the menu.
  3. Click on "Settings".
  4. On the left side of the Settings page, click on "Privacy, search, and services".
  5. Scroll down until you see a section titled "Tracking prevention".
  6. You'll see three options: Basic, Balanced and Strict. If you want to turn off most ad blocking features without completely disabling tracking prevention, select "Basic". To completely disable it, toggle off "Use Tracking Prevention".

Please note that if you have installed any third-party extensions like AdBlock or uBlock Origin in Edge browser, these steps won't disable those extensions.

To disable third-party ad-blocking extensions:

  1. Click on three horizontal dots at top right corner of Edge browser.
  2. Go to Extensions.
  3. From here you can either toggle off your ad-blocker extension or click 'Remove' button to remove it entirely.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any further updates, thanks.

Best regards

Derrick Qian | Microsoft Community Support Specialist

I have removed my adblock extension and disabled tracking prevention both to no avail. Both Tubi and YouTube continue to say disable my adblock.

Was this answer helpful?

200+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-03-07T23:46:12+00:00

    pls help with ad bloker

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-03-08T12:51:28+00:00

    I have contacted the movie site Rotten Tomatoes, a very popular and informative site, to explain why I can't use their service any more due to the adblocker situation. Hopefully this "powerful" site can get Microsoft to do something as our demands on this thread are ignored.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-03-27T01:51:29+00:00

    hi i did what you said but also couldnt solve the problem

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-03-27T13:22:20+00:00

    It is obvious that Microsoft has no intention of fixing this problem. I'm countering it (to no avail) with reports to the sites I can't see because of the problem. Rotten Tomatoes is one. I complained to them that I couldn't read their material or BUY MOVIES from them and for a couple of days the problem went away.

    I've just given up. Maybe one day there will be a way to actually FIX problems like this. But not today.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments