Managing browser extensions in Microsoft Edge on Windows 11
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I' need to turn off ad blocker in edge.
I've spent the last half hour trying to find this setting.
Cal anyone tell me how to turn off ad blocker??
James
Managing browser extensions in Microsoft Edge on Windows 11
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi
Welcome to Microsoft community.
To turn off the ad blocker in Microsoft Edge, you need to disable the tracking prevention feature. Here's how:
- Open Microsoft Edge.
- Click on the three horizontal dots in the upper-right corner of the browser window to open the menu.
- Click on "Settings".
- On the left side of the Settings page, click on "Privacy, search, and services".
- Scroll down until you see a section titled "Tracking prevention".
- You'll see three options: Basic, Balanced and Strict. If you want to turn off most ad blocking features without completely disabling tracking prevention, select "Basic". To completely disable it, toggle off "Use Tracking Prevention".
Please note that if you have installed any third-party extensions like AdBlock or uBlock Origin in Edge browser, these steps won't disable those extensions.
To disable third-party ad-blocking extensions:
- Click on three horizontal dots at top right corner of Edge browser.
- Go to Extensions.
- From here you can either toggle off your ad-blocker extension or click 'Remove' button to remove it entirely.
Please feel free to let me know if you have any further updates, thanks.
Best regards
Derrick Qian | Microsoft Community Support Specialist
I have removed my adblock extension and disabled tracking prevention both to no avail. Both Tubi and YouTube continue to say disable my adblock.
P.S. Also, if you did not add the Extensions button to the toolbar, you can add it in these steps:
I hope this helps, too!
From OLDSKOOL VENNING
Hi Ivo, welcome to Microsoft Answers. I know how to turn off ad blockers. Did you download an ad blocker extension? If so, remove it in these steps:
I hope this helps!
From OLDSKOOL VENNING (An Microsoft User)