How to share Favourites between WorkSpaces in Edge browser?

Anonymous
2023-08-30T10:36:58+00:00

I am starting my migration journey from Chrome to Edge. One thing that caught my eye is workspace. Now I have many bookmarks that I want to open in WorkSpace which is not possible. I can not even copy paste bookmarks or import it in WorkSpace.

Is there a way to easily copy/sync or something Favourites from my account to Workspace?

Microsoft Edge | Profile, sync, and sign in | Android

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-11-28T18:21:54+00:00

    I have found that if you create another folder with all your bookmarks "To Copy" then you can just Ctrl+drag from one browser or workspace to another. After that point its just moving the bookmarks out of the copied folder and rearranging.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-11-30T07:12:03+00:00

    Hello migs,

    Thanks for the suggestion. If I didn't have a few cross workspace collections this would help. With me, some of the collections I use the most are needed, even as I add to them, across all my workspaces.

    If it wasn't for the fact that some of these workspaces are shared collaborations, using both the standard browser window and a workspace window in parallel would be OK, but cutting and pasting links is not optimal. If anyone can provide me with a workaround for exactly this problem I would be thankful.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-12-08T12:55:00+00:00

    I created a workspace using favorites that I had. I shared it to my group. now it's gone along with all the favorites I had in that workspace. My workspace does not show up under my profile info in settings nor in my favorites list.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-12-08T18:56:46+00:00

    I lost my workspaces to when updating workspaces in edge and changing the account name and password which I forgot. I won't do that again. Anyway, there is a method for backing up the workspaces and your message is a reminder that I need to do this soon. I'm sorry I doubt that helps you now, but should help in the future.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-12-09T06:45:31+00:00

    there is a method for backing up the workspaces

    please can you explain what is this method to backup workspaces?

    I fear to loose them (mainly if I reinstall windows).

    also I'd like to make a backup of the favorites of each single workspace, but it seems that's impossibile: I tried exporting favorites but the ones in workspaces are not exported.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments