How to share Favourites between WorkSpaces in Edge browser?

Anonymous
2023-08-30T10:36:58+00:00

I am starting my migration journey from Chrome to Edge. One thing that caught my eye is workspace. Now I have many bookmarks that I want to open in WorkSpace which is not possible. I can not even copy paste bookmarks or import it in WorkSpace.

Is there a way to easily copy/sync or something Favourites from my account to Workspace?

Microsoft Edge | Profile, sync, and sign in | Android

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-11-28T18:21:54+00:00

    I have found that if you create another folder with all your bookmarks "To Copy" then you can just Ctrl+drag from one browser or workspace to another. After that point its just moving the bookmarks out of the copied folder and rearranging.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-11-13T13:28:16+00:00

    Yes, that approach works (using the Favourites button) in a workspace .. however, it does make it quite cumbersome to reach the main Favourites. A nicer approach could be to being able and configure to simply see that same set of main Favourites on the Bar in a Workspace itself, too .. that "feature" does not (seem to) exist (yet). :(

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-11-13T12:44:56+00:00

    Now, I get it! Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-11-12T14:02:53+00:00

    That works for me now. Thanks Fiona much appreciated

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-11-12T12:26:06+00:00

    Hi there, thanks for the questions.

    If you think of the workspace as having it's own distinct favourites/favourites bar (with the benefit of being able to share with others/use as a separate project space) BUT with the additional benefit of displaying and using your main favourites as needed. There is no need to copy your main favourites as you can display or hide them from view via the Favourites button on the browser toolbar (I'm using Microsoft Edge) - see pic below.

    I'm using a Workspace called 'General' which doesn't (yet) have it's own set of favourites but I can dip into my main favourites using the toolbar button as shown.

    Hope this helps, Fiona.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments