How to share Favourites between WorkSpaces in Edge browser?

Anonymous
2023-08-30T10:36:58+00:00

I am starting my migration journey from Chrome to Edge. One thing that caught my eye is workspace. Now I have many bookmarks that I want to open in WorkSpace which is not possible. I can not even copy paste bookmarks or import it in WorkSpace.

Is there a way to easily copy/sync or something Favourites from my account to Workspace?

Microsoft Edge | Profile, sync, and sign in | Android

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-01-13T20:41:40+00:00

    Don't ask me. The folk who designed it set it up with a certain logic. Thanks to the solution given a while back I understand and can work it with efficiently. In my experience with it up to now, it actually has a structure that simplifies my work using the browser both alone and within teams.

    I don't have anything else to add to this conversation so I'm signing off and wishing you success working with the new edge.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-01-13T20:25:48+00:00

    Also the fact that I can copy and paste these from window to window and not from the favorites manager is ridiculous as well. Why do we need to do this one at a time?

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-01-13T20:23:09+00:00

    Yeah the ability to have a separate favorites bar without being able to at least copy the ones from the primary window is kind of silly. I don't want to click on the favorite button I want the favorites to be in the favorites bar. I know it is a silly complaint but it feels like this was deliberately made to work this way. It is a good feature but it is exceptionally made more cumbersome by making us work out of the stupid favorite button. I have two workspaces I use on my work account and I need my favorites bar in each workspace I also have one workspace that I use on my personal and want to use my primary favorites bar. I shouldn't have to setup my favorites in each workspace the decision to do that is nonsensical. As it is I have to open the page in my non-workspace window then drag the tab into the workspace then bookmark it. I should be able to do that in bulk in the favorites manager. Why is that not possible?

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-12-18T00:25:44+00:00

    Fiona, I could see immediately that your recommendation is spot on for me. Much of what is now in my general bookmark bar will be reshuffled into one or two new workspaces or where approiate into favorites. Most likely most of what is now a massive favorites collection will also land in a few new workspaces.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-12-14T17:19:05+00:00

    I suppose if I think about it that way I might like it. But I think about it as different views into my work, and all of those views need access to a common set of resources. I read your reply a while back and have tried for a month to adopt this POV, but I've had to give up. I'd invariably be in one workspace trying to find a link I'd saved from an email, only to discover it was in some other workspace. No idea which one, so the hunt began. (And then trying to maintain a synced list across workspaces is an admin nightmare: add it to one then copy, manually, to all the others, while having to scroll up/down in the favorites side bar for each copy. Just shoot me.)

    Workspaces simply don't work (for me) if they are completely isolated. I'm back to a single workspace and it took me 45 MINUTES to consolidate and dedup the favorites that I'd inadvertently added here and there. I'd previously used Chrome tab groups and may go back to that.

    What would serve both use cases: a single favorites list with checkboxes against each link/folder indicating which workspaces they appear in. And some way to indicate 'default', so that a new workspace gets the 'standard' set. No creating copies to share, no hunting all workspaces for the new link (it's the one in just the single workspace).

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments