Managing profiles, sync settings, and sign-in options in Edge on Android
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I am starting my migration journey from Chrome to Edge. One thing that caught my eye is workspace. Now I have many bookmarks that I want to open in WorkSpace which is not possible. I can not even copy paste bookmarks or import it in WorkSpace.
Is there a way to easily copy/sync or something Favourites from my account to Workspace?
Managing profiles, sync settings, and sign-in options in Edge on Android
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
It's typical Microsoft... simply embarrassing. The idea with the Workspaces is great. I now have 5 private workspaces (music production, health, etc). But I need the same favourites in all favourites bars because I need access to them at any time from any workspace (e.g. calendar). Why in God's name is this not possible? I had to search the net for how long before I found this thread, which has been discussing this for almost a year. Of course I can copy and paste each one into the other. But the favourites also change from time to time. I don't want to have to open all the workspaces every time and revise the favourites bar everywhere, if Microsoft would just add such a stupid little function that you can set a mark in favourites in which workspace it should be displayed.
You can copy Favorites/Folders from the original/main Favorites Bar and paste on the intended workspace Favorites Bar. The is no copy in the favorites side panel or the page, just the bar.
Hope this helps.
Thank you for sharing this workaround. I was clueless and Microsoft did not make it easy to even figure out a work around. I tried exporting from the original and then to import it in the workspace. That cannot work as there is no option to export from file.
May 2024 - Still the same issue.
Bookmarks move away from my default "workspace" when i add them in a shared workspace.
What a bummer :/
I think you may have misunderstood either the question or the functionality of favorites available within Workspaces. Currently, there is no option to sync your main Favorites bar to Workspaces. I would highly suggest everyone looking for this option to send feedback to Microsoft asking for the feature. If you don't know how to send feedback, here is how you do it:
I know this is not the answer we've all been looking for but if enough people send feedback, hopefully Microsoft will listen. I have read that the devs know this feature has been asked for by quite a few so let's keep pressing them for an update!