How to share Favourites between WorkSpaces in Edge browser?

Anonymous
2023-08-30T10:36:58+00:00

I am starting my migration journey from Chrome to Edge. One thing that caught my eye is workspace. Now I have many bookmarks that I want to open in WorkSpace which is not possible. I can not even copy paste bookmarks or import it in WorkSpace.

Is there a way to easily copy/sync or something Favourites from my account to Workspace?

Microsoft Edge | Profile, sync, and sign in | Android

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-01-13T20:23:09+00:00

    Yeah the ability to have a separate favorites bar without being able to at least copy the ones from the primary window is kind of silly. I don't want to click on the favorite button I want the favorites to be in the favorites bar. I know it is a silly complaint but it feels like this was deliberately made to work this way. It is a good feature but it is exceptionally made more cumbersome by making us work out of the stupid favorite button. I have two workspaces I use on my work account and I need my favorites bar in each workspace I also have one workspace that I use on my personal and want to use my primary favorites bar. I shouldn't have to setup my favorites in each workspace the decision to do that is nonsensical. As it is I have to open the page in my non-workspace window then drag the tab into the workspace then bookmark it. I should be able to do that in bulk in the favorites manager. Why is that not possible?

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-11-12T12:26:06+00:00

    Hi there, thanks for the questions.

    If you think of the workspace as having it's own distinct favourites/favourites bar (with the benefit of being able to share with others/use as a separate project space) BUT with the additional benefit of displaying and using your main favourites as needed. There is no need to copy your main favourites as you can display or hide them from view via the Favourites button on the browser toolbar (I'm using Microsoft Edge) - see pic below.

    I'm using a Workspace called 'General' which doesn't (yet) have it's own set of favourites but I can dip into my main favourites using the toolbar button as shown.

    Hope this helps, Fiona.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-11-09T23:16:19+00:00

    Same for me. I cannot find an option to share bookmarks across Workspaces. Microsoft can you reply please?

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-11-08T13:59:44+00:00

    Silly question, so you have to click favorites and find them within the workspace you saved them in, right?

    I was hoping we could have the same favorites across each of my workspaces, is that not possible?

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-11-02T08:57:02+00:00

    Reading some of the responses to this I wonder if we are trying to over complicate the issue. You can view your Favourites across all workspaces by using the Favourites (show/hide) button on the browser toolbar negating the need to 'copy' or recreate favourites across workspaces. It's a little clunky as it takes up screen real estate but an effective way of accessing favourites without having to copy, update etc.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments