unable to copy and paste copilot microsoft

Anonymous
2024-12-15T16:36:11+00:00

unable to copy and paste copilot Microsoft

Microsoft Edge | Website issues | Windows 11

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Drew - 810 Reputation points
2025-01-13T20:10:57+00:00

I have read through this thread. First of all, the Copilot app used should be Version 1.24112.133.0This is from MS Store and arrived/was released on 10 Jan. 2025.

If text is copied it will paste into the Copilot text messaging 'box' via Ctrl+V, not via Rt Clk.

One cannot C/P images. Those must use the Upload ImageThe above is in regard to (free) Copilot, not Copilot Pro. I cannot comment on Copilot Pro or differences it may have.

I cannot repro any inability to C/P text into the Copilot app.

Cheers,
Drew

![](https://learn-attachment.microsoft.com/api/attachments/5956d74f-91f9-4ddd-aa3d-a20149877f6e?platform=QnA

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

50 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-02-13T19:47:57+00:00

    Hi Drew, I don't which version of Copilot I have. It's the latest of whatever it it is, and I can use Rt Clk (but it doesn't work any better than copy-and-paste). But I'm thinking now that the problem lies with MS Word and not Copilot. I found out today that I can no longer copy and paste from MS Word into Google Chat, which I could always do before. MS Word creates an image instead. At least it creates an image for Chat, but it does nothing for Copilot. I have been using my copy-and-paste system for months with no problem. So, there must be a problem in the recent MS Word update, which I got recently. That's my best guess at this time.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Drew - 810 Reputation points
    2025-02-15T07:20:19+00:00

    Well, that's a whole different kettle of fish, then, init? I'll look in to that for myself tomorrow.

    And, yes, C/P and Rt Clk are, certainly, the same. And if you have Rt Clk in Copilot, then it is Copilot web or the web site converted to an ap. MS Store Copilot (app) does not have rt Clk.

    My plane just landed tonight from my trip, so everything is "tomorrow" 😂

    I tried with something in Word. Could not repro what you describe. C/P from it to Copilot went fine. Sorry, no explanation for you are facing.

    Cheers,
    Drew

    ![Image](https://learn-attachment.microsoft.com/api/attachments/168a7ddf-edb8-4161-8494-0920c0a65660?platform=QnA

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments