unable to copy and paste copilot microsoft

Anonymous
2024-12-15T16:36:11+00:00

unable to copy and paste copilot Microsoft

Microsoft Edge | Website issues | Windows 11

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Drew - 810 Reputation points
2025-01-13T20:10:57+00:00

I have read through this thread. First of all, the Copilot app used should be Version 1.24112.133.0This is from MS Store and arrived/was released on 10 Jan. 2025.

If text is copied it will paste into the Copilot text messaging 'box' via Ctrl+V, not via Rt Clk.

One cannot C/P images. Those must use the Upload ImageThe above is in regard to (free) Copilot, not Copilot Pro. I cannot comment on Copilot Pro or differences it may have.

I cannot repro any inability to C/P text into the Copilot app.

Cheers,
Drew

![](https://learn-attachment.microsoft.com/api/attachments/5956d74f-91f9-4ddd-aa3d-a20149877f6e?platform=QnA

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

50 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-01-29T17:34:10+00:00

    No not true I have been copy and pasting for some time. Regardless what is the work around for copy?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Drew - 810 Reputation points
    2025-01-18T21:07:02+00:00

    Agree. Useless and unhelpful. Not to mention the Paste shortcut is, actually, Ctrl+V. If one does not know the proper answer, be quiet.

    Cheers,
    Drew![](https://learn-attachment.microsoft.com/api/attachments/3f57bdbb-a9de-4a34-bac6-22d3d29dd82b?platform=QnA

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-01-18T11:44:03+00:00

    I love it when you pretend not to know and then answer a question with another question.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Drew - 810 Reputation points
    2025-01-18T01:04:24+00:00

    Here is something more from another source I had contacted, after the entries I had, already, put in this thread for everyone.

    The Copilot app supports copying and pasting text using the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+V, but not via right-click.

    However, there's a feature called "Circle to Copilot" in Microsoft Edge that allows you to right-click and circle an area of a web page or desktop to send that captured area to Copilot.

    You can refer to the links below:

    Circle to Copilot Coming to Edge! - Microsoft Community 

    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftedge/forum/all/circle-to-copilot-coming-to-edge/644bdef5-ae30-401a-9df8-0b22a670c8e2 

    Cheers,
    Drew

    ![](https://learn-attachment.microsoft.com/api/attachments/cdec1943-9ffd-4925-b608-195249b96d18?platform=QnA

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments