unable to copy and paste copilot microsoft

Anonymous
2024-12-15T16:36:11+00:00

unable to copy and paste copilot Microsoft

Microsoft Edge | Website issues | Windows 11

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Drew - 810 Reputation points
2025-01-13T20:10:57+00:00

I have read through this thread. First of all, the Copilot app used should be Version 1.24112.133.0This is from MS Store and arrived/was released on 10 Jan. 2025.

If text is copied it will paste into the Copilot text messaging 'box' via Ctrl+V, not via Rt Clk.

One cannot C/P images. Those must use the Upload ImageThe above is in regard to (free) Copilot, not Copilot Pro. I cannot comment on Copilot Pro or differences it may have.

I cannot repro any inability to C/P text into the Copilot app.

Cheers,
Drew

![](https://learn-attachment.microsoft.com/api/attachments/5956d74f-91f9-4ddd-aa3d-a20149877f6e?platform=QnA

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

50 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Drew - 810 Reputation points
    2025-02-10T19:13:05+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-02-10T18:59:47+00:00

    Hi, thanks for the information. However, I don't want to upload files. I just want to copy and paste from MS Word into Copilot as I have been doing for months until it stopped working recently. It stopped working once a long time ago and cleared itself out. Again, using the paperclip is great if you want to upload files. To reiterate, I need to copy and paste from MS Word into Copilot as I was always doing. Right now, GT is one way in which I can do that. I can also copy and paste from Stickies. But thank you anyway.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Drew - 810 Reputation points
    2025-02-10T04:46:44+00:00

    Please, do not use this google translate thing; no need, at all❕

    Let's keep things simple, easy and nice.

    **The Microsoft Store Copilot app does not have a right-click menu or a paperclip assistant. However, Copilot on the web does have these features. When you click the + button, you can use the UPLOAD option with a paperclip icon. If you install the site as an app, it retains both the right-click menu and the paperclip assistant.**So, use Copilot web in Edge. Even if you don't bother converting it to an app... there, as the web page, it has a Rt Clk menu AND a paperclip Upload ability.

    Cheers,
    Drew![](https://learn-attachment.microsoft.com/api/attachments/9b15a94e-4ebb-4e3d-b6d3-11968e501b66?platform=QnAPlease, mark this as "Answer" and "Helpful". Thank you 🙏

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-02-10T01:57:34+00:00

    So, I started having the same problem a few days ago. I cannot paste what I copy from MS Word into Copilot. However, I have found a workaround, which is inconvenient but better than nothing. WORKAROUND. Copy the passage you want from MS Word (5,000 characters or less) and paste it into Google Translate. Then, recopy the same passage from Google Translate. You will be able to paste from GT into Copilot with no problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments