unable to copy and paste copilot microsoft

Anonymous
2024-12-15T16:36:11+00:00

unable to copy and paste copilot Microsoft

Microsoft Edge | Website issues | Windows 11

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Drew - 810 Reputation points
2025-01-13T20:10:57+00:00

I have read through this thread. First of all, the Copilot app used should be Version 1.24112.133.0This is from MS Store and arrived/was released on 10 Jan. 2025.

If text is copied it will paste into the Copilot text messaging 'box' via Ctrl+V, not via Rt Clk.

One cannot C/P images. Those must use the Upload ImageThe above is in regard to (free) Copilot, not Copilot Pro. I cannot comment on Copilot Pro or differences it may have.

I cannot repro any inability to C/P text into the Copilot app.

Cheers,
Drew

![](https://learn-attachment.microsoft.com/api/attachments/5956d74f-91f9-4ddd-aa3d-a20149877f6e?platform=QnA

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

50 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-01-13T19:30:48+00:00

    I have the same issue. Maybe they planned to charge for copy-paste. On top of that, when I open and close it, it stays active on the taskbar. Technically, I have to force close it. Copilot itself has no idea about this or is programmed to act dumber than it is. I can't wait for the Grok version for Windows to come out. I'm tired of this mistreatment by Microsoft.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-01-13T17:54:20+00:00

    Same here, no copy or paste in App, online web version no issues, and yes Ctrl-V is workaround, can it just be fixed?

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-01-12T23:21:46+00:00

    Hi Amos,

    I tried to your option and it's still not working please advise.

    Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-01-12T14:52:58+00:00

    I have the same issue 12th January 2025

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments