Troubleshooting website display or functionality issues in Edge on Windows 11
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
unable to copy and paste copilot Microsoft
Troubleshooting website display or functionality issues in Edge on Windows 11
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I have read through this thread. First of all, the Copilot app used should be Version 1.24112.133.0This is from MS Store and arrived/was released on 10 Jan. 2025.
If text is copied it will paste into the Copilot text messaging 'box' via Ctrl+V, not via Rt Clk.
One cannot C/P images. Those must use the Upload ImageThe above is in regard to (free) Copilot, not Copilot Pro. I cannot comment on Copilot Pro or differences it may have.
I cannot repro any inability to C/P text into the Copilot app.
Cheers,
Drew
Well, that's a whole different kettle of fish, then, init? I'll look in to that for myself tomorrow.
And, yes, C/P and Rt Clk are, certainly, the same. And if you have Rt Clk in Copilot, then it is Copilot web or the web site converted to an ap. MS Store Copilot (app) does not have rt Clk.
My plane just landed tonight from my trip, so everything is "tomorrow" 😂
I tried with something in Word. Could not repro what you describe. C/P from it to Copilot went fine. Sorry, no explanation for you are facing.
Cheers,
Drew
Hi Drew, I don't which version of Copilot I have. It's the latest of whatever it it is, and I can use Rt Clk (but it doesn't work any better than copy-and-paste). But I'm thinking now that the problem lies with MS Word and not Copilot. I found out today that I can no longer copy and paste from MS Word into Google Chat, which I could always do before. MS Word creates an image instead. At least it creates an image for Chat, but it does nothing for Copilot. I have been using my copy-and-paste system for months with no problem. So, there must be a problem in the recent MS Word update, which I got recently. That's my best guess at this time.
Please, so I have the right understanding & say 🤞 the right thing(s)...
Are you referring to behaviour using the MS Store Copilot app or Copilot web page? The web approach HAS Rt Clk menu and more. The Store app does not have it/do it, Rt Clk > none, shows nothing.
Tip: Convert the web site to an app and there you go. You're better off than with the other app, that's stripped down, in a sense.
Using the web-based Copilot has Upload files, too.
Hi Drew,
That is correct. I can't do it via Rt Clk menu, either. I believe Copilot thinks that anything I copy (no matter what method I use) is an image. It thinks I'm trying to upload an image. All I see is nothing, and Copilot sees nothing. It doesn't recognize that I've pasted anything. Keep in mind, I have been using copy-and-paste from MS Word to Copilot for months without a problem.