USPS Tracking not Working

Anonymous
2024-01-22T14:08:51+00:00

What the **** is wrong with Edge. After each update, something else is not working. Now, I am not able to load the USPS tracking app on USPS.com

Eevery other browser (FF, Google Chrome, Opera) is working, but not crappy and buggy Edge.

Microsoft Edge | Website issues | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-03-02T23:18:22+00:00

    Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
    Size of a request header field exceeds server limit.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-03-03T17:32:26+00:00

    It works on mobile. So what I've done on desktop to access the website is:

    (Using Chrome [never Edge lol]):

    1. Go to the page for the tracking number you want to track
    2. On your keyboard, press F12 (or Ctrl + Shift + I)
    3. A rectangular section will pop up on the right side of the browser window. In the upper banner for this new window (right below the URL bar), there is an icon of a smartphone and a laptop. Click this (if you over over it, it will say "Toggle Device Toolbar").
    4. In the main website window, below the URL bar, you will see a new toolbar that says "Dimensions: Responsive." Click this dropdown arrow and select a mobile device (I chose iPhone 14 Pro Max arbitrarily).
    5. Refresh the page. It should display as it would on a phone now, with everything visible.

    When you're ready to be done with this developer tools window, just press F12 again. This setting won't be retained, so you'll have to do this each time you navigate to a tracking page until USPS figures out why their website won't render on desktop browsers.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-03-03T18:01:05+00:00

    Thanks for the response but I just found out that clearing the cookies for that site fixes it [until the USPS or Edge changes something again. It's happened before but I had forgotten the fix.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-03-03T18:07:53+00:00

    I'm glad that worked for you! I tried it to no avail. Cache cleared too. I also could not get the website to work in Edge on desktop. Only the mobile version of the site. Very odd! At least maybe the F12 fix can be a plan B!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-03-03T20:53:28+00:00

    Thanks you! It has started working now on their site and I don't know why but I will take it! Thanks so much and good luck to you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments