USPS Tracking not Working

Anonymous
2024-01-22T14:08:51+00:00

What the **** is wrong with Edge. After each update, something else is not working. Now, I am not able to load the USPS tracking app on USPS.com

Eevery other browser (FF, Google Chrome, Opera) is working, but not crappy and buggy Edge.

Microsoft Edge | Website issues | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-03-03T18:01:05+00:00

    Thanks for the response but I just found out that clearing the cookies for that site fixes it [until the USPS or Edge changes something again. It's happened before but I had forgotten the fix.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-03-03T17:32:26+00:00

    It works on mobile. So what I've done on desktop to access the website is:

    (Using Chrome [never Edge lol]):

    1. Go to the page for the tracking number you want to track
    2. On your keyboard, press F12 (or Ctrl + Shift + I)
    3. A rectangular section will pop up on the right side of the browser window. In the upper banner for this new window (right below the URL bar), there is an icon of a smartphone and a laptop. Click this (if you over over it, it will say "Toggle Device Toolbar").
    4. In the main website window, below the URL bar, you will see a new toolbar that says "Dimensions: Responsive." Click this dropdown arrow and select a mobile device (I chose iPhone 14 Pro Max arbitrarily).
    5. Refresh the page. It should display as it would on a phone now, with everything visible.

    When you're ready to be done with this developer tools window, just press F12 again. This setting won't be retained, so you'll have to do this each time you navigate to a tracking page until USPS figures out why their website won't render on desktop browsers.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-03-02T23:18:22+00:00

    Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
    Size of a request header field exceeds server limit.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-03-02T05:37:51+00:00

    I MAY (and I DO mean "MAY!") have found the answer!!!! I went into the "good ol'" website and THE FIRST TIME I tried it, https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction_input , the screen did NOT even load! It read, at the top of a white screen, "You do not have permission..." THEN, THE SECONF TIME, the screen DID load and...I noticed, in the top, right corner of the screen, read "Sign-in." I looked up my "LOGIN" to USPS and CLICKED the "Sign-in" link and signed in. SURPRISE!!!! The GOOD OL' WEBSITE, the one listed above, and the "GOOD OL' WEBSITE" let me track TWO TRACKING NUMBERS!!!! I buy a lot of stuff through eBay and Amazon and see PLENTY of tracking numbers! Starting tomorrow night, I'm going to "login" to the website and see how it works TOMORROW night! Tomorrow night, don't be surprised if I send you another message saying, "It did NOT work!" Try signing into he USPS website and tell me if it works!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-02-28T17:42:23+00:00

    Thank you so much for the information and the links to the other tracking sites. It was driving me crazy last night trying to look up packages that I dropped off. Never had an issue before.....many thanks for taking the time to help and have a super day..

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments