Attach file button (paperclip) disappeared from Copilot web

Anonymous
2024-03-28T07:16:56+00:00

Hi,

Any idea why the attach file button has suddenly vanished from Copilot, Copilot (microsoft.com)? It was available yesterday. I used it to quickly summarize PDF and Word documents.

Regards,

Alex

Microsoft Edge | Other | Windows 11

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-07-12T14:32:43+00:00

    What is the status of the attachment icon/feature in Microsoft Copilot Enterprise? This is causing confusion among our users and questions are being raised by Legal/Privacy to see if the attached file carries the same level of protection as Microsoft Copilot Enterprise web chat where Microsoft does not store or learn from our data.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-01-26T09:06:35+00:00

    I can't find the clip icon on the co-pilot app. Can you help

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Drew - 810 Reputation points
    2025-01-26T19:39:22+00:00

    You may be referring to the previous version of Copilot. Now, if you hit the + you can add an image. And can input to Copilot via Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V. BUT in Word and PDFs you will, now, see a Copilot icon. Click on that and Copilot will assist with what you want direct within your Office components.

    Cheers,
    Drew![](https://learn-attachment.microsoft.com/api/attachments/249ae899-f788-4b34-a682-faa2018ed403?platform=QnA

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-01-26T19:48:27+00:00

    Microsoft copilot is nothing like it used to be. They updated it, and it was a downgrade. Especially for the visually impaired who lied on the read aloud function to work on projects and documents. This version of copilot does not have a paperclip as far as I know if you want to we're going to document I believe you can do it from within word excel etcetera but you have to pay for the premium I think I'm really not certain I don't use Microsoft copilot anymore not that much I rely on Google Gemini, which has come a very long way and is not denying functionality nearly to the degree that Microsoft is. In fact Google Gemini can do many things that Microsoft copilot can do only better including accessing documents files and etc, and it can do it for free. I can't even control your smart home if you wanted to. Yeah just go with Gemini.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-01-26T19:56:01+00:00

    I'm pretty sure what everyone is asking for is the simple ability to include a PDF, DOC, TXT file etc to the prompt (for summarizing and working with large text documents). This would give the personal Copilot chatbot the same ability as Chatgpt, Claude, etc. Being able to include a file with the prompt is more efficient and easier to work with than trying to copy and paste a huge PDF or DOC file into the chat window.

    Note if you are using the Microsoft 365 version of Copilot, you can include a file when prompting. This includes the free version - you just need to be signed into a work/school account that has Microsoft 365 when accessing copilot.microsoft.com.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments