Attach file button (paperclip) disappeared from Copilot web

Anonymous
2024-03-28T07:16:56+00:00

Hi,

Any idea why the attach file button has suddenly vanished from Copilot, Copilot (microsoft.com)? It was available yesterday. I used it to quickly summarize PDF and Word documents.

Regards,

Alex

Microsoft Edge | Other | Windows 11

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-05-06T21:25:26+00:00

    I would love to see the file attachment button back in action soon. I miss it tremendously....

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Drew - 810 Reputation points
    2024-05-07T04:12:43+00:00

    It is, indeed, gone. But this is far from the 1st time. It has come & gone a few times. Or it has been in one place and not another simultaneously.

    Keep submitting to FH that it is wanted. Though, do remember, Copilot is still (Preview) and therefore still a work-in-progress.

    Cheers,
    Drew![](https://learn-attachment.microsoft.com/api/attachments/e5fb620f-72e1-4627-9943-0f1cb5df4b89?platform=QnA

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-06-24T19:58:33+00:00

    I am a paid customer for Copilot. Why is it refusing to accept .doc files? How am I supposed to use the paid software for my work? What am I paying for?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-06-25T01:40:09+00:00

    Yes, exactly the reason why I cancelled my CoPilot subs and switched to Liner AI. Never looked back since**. See my earlier reply with Liner features I found useful and a link to the version with integrated Claude, Gpt-4o -->**.

    https://getliner.com/?inviteCode=ZGMyMjc0Zjk

    Also, they actually reply to support calls, albeit up to 5 days, Microsoft have not replied to anything on the attachment issues I had, which is simply not acceptable when paying subs.

    Hint: sign up for a trial period for Liner Pro where they also offer credits you can use essentially to get discount that makes it cheaper that CoPilot.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Drew - 810 Reputation points
    2024-06-25T04:41:24+00:00

    MANY Users miss it. It came & went a few times.

    Why 🤷‍♂️

    Is it returning 🤷‍♂️
    When might that be 🤷‍♂️

    Suggest keep hammering 🔨 FH. It is the best resource to use to voice this to the right 👂s & 👀s.

    Cheers,
    Drew![](https://learn-attachment.microsoft.com/api/attachments/45418ac8-d978-4e9b-af55-ff48306a74a9?platform=QnA

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments