Attach file button (paperclip) disappeared from Copilot web

Anonymous
2024-03-28T07:16:56+00:00

Hi,

Any idea why the attach file button has suddenly vanished from Copilot, Copilot (microsoft.com)? It was available yesterday. I used it to quickly summarize PDF and Word documents.

Regards,

Alex

Microsoft Edge | Other | Windows 11

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-04-18T00:19:47+00:00

    I am having the same issue. What is the point in paying if I am unable to utilize the feature.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-04-19T04:45:10+00:00

    I've just resolved this by clearing my browser cache.

    It twigged when I was using InPrivate browsing and the paperclip appeared again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Sumit 44,436 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2024-04-19T04:54:56+00:00

    The response from Microsoft(as expected):

    TLDR: Wait until it is released and announced publically.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-04-28T02:30:24+00:00

    I had the button this morning at 1 a.m. When I tried to upload another file later, around 6 p.m., I noticed it was missing. Now Copilot says that it does not have the ability to read files, so I am assuming they got rid of that feature.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Sumit 44,436 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2024-04-28T06:29:19+00:00

    so I am assuming they got rid of that feature.

    As told many times previously in the thread, this feature is not publically announced. For unannounced features, they can disappear for a while. Definitely they haven't gotten rid of it surely.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments