Attach file button (paperclip) disappeared from Copilot web

Anonymous
2024-03-28T07:16:56+00:00

Hi,

Any idea why the attach file button has suddenly vanished from Copilot, Copilot (microsoft.com)? It was available yesterday. I used it to quickly summarize PDF and Word documents.

Regards,

Alex

Microsoft Edge | Other | Windows 11

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Drew - 810 Reputation points
    2025-01-28T00:45:09+00:00

    Bruce,

    I spoke with a MS tech today about this and another critical missing MUST-HAVE issue in Copilot. Both things have been forwarded to the Developer & Engineering Teams as Urgent, High priority items to be addressed ASAP. I cannot suggest an ETA on either, but, hopefully, it will be sometime soon 🤞. It has been agreed the acute Global, universal, need for both. The other is the Profile icon on the Copilot toolbar with multiple acc'ts allowing separate & simultaneous sign in for work and personal use of Copilot.

    Cheers,
    Drew![](https://learn-attachment.microsoft.com/api/attachments/dc1c9ab5-c3d4-4916-ae5e-9fce05521524?platform=QnA

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Drew - 810 Reputation points
    2025-01-27T20:00:41+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-01-27T09:47:05+00:00

    I used copilot and my attachment paper clip disappeared. How do I recover it?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Drew - 810 Reputation points
    2025-01-27T05:13:18+00:00

    Scott, your 2nd paragraph note concurs & aligns with what I had said about Copilot in Office components.

    Cheers,
    Drew

    ![](https://learn-attachment.microsoft.com/api/attachments/1d8d3504-05b2-4964-bdac-3e39531db786?platform=QnA

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-01-26T19:56:01+00:00

    I'm pretty sure what everyone is asking for is the simple ability to include a PDF, DOC, TXT file etc to the prompt (for summarizing and working with large text documents). This would give the personal Copilot chatbot the same ability as Chatgpt, Claude, etc. Being able to include a file with the prompt is more efficient and easier to work with than trying to copy and paste a huge PDF or DOC file into the chat window.

    Note if you are using the Microsoft 365 version of Copilot, you can include a file when prompting. This includes the free version - you just need to be signed into a work/school account that has Microsoft 365 when accessing copilot.microsoft.com.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments