Attach file button (paperclip) disappeared from Copilot web

Anonymous
2024-03-28T07:16:56+00:00

Hi,

Any idea why the attach file button has suddenly vanished from Copilot, Copilot (microsoft.com)? It was available yesterday. I used it to quickly summarize PDF and Word documents.

Regards,

Alex

Microsoft Edge | Other | Windows 11

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-05-06T21:25:26+00:00

    I would love to see the file attachment button back in action soon. I miss it tremendously....

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-05-04T02:17:50+00:00

    Liner AI is very impressive.

    1. Workspace - top of the list in terms of being able to create folders as categories and store multiple chats on the topic in these folders.
    2. Transparency - my favourite part, very clearly shows how it has interpreted your question and how it is addressing it in the follow on reply... not something any of the others have
    3. Multiple files - i've found in other products, its a hit and miss whether all referred sources you provide are actually used or read by the GPT. This is frustrating. Liner AI simply does it all
    4. Agnostic - seems to support any touchpoint and device (App for Mac/Android, Browsers Chrome / Safari)... seems you can use it on any device / any time / anywhere
    5. Speed - eclipses any Ive used previously, MS CoPilot App being slowest.

    The products Ive tested as OpenAI ChatGPT 4, MS CoPilot w/ChatGPT4, Liner AI w/ChatGPT 4.

    Im happy to pay for a robust GPT chat product, in particular, one that is reliable and integrated across any device, app or browser…. https://getliner.com?inviteCode=ZGMyMjc0Zjk

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-04-29T16:10:54+00:00

    Hello Microsoft team

                                  I am faceing big issue Microsoft copilot web page, Can you explain me why file upload option removed in prompt box and only show one option upload image options this time 9:38 pm, Date 29-04-2024,
    

    Please fixed this issue and add again file upload option 🥺

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-04-28T02:30:24+00:00

    I had the button this morning at 1 a.m. When I tried to upload another file later, around 6 p.m., I noticed it was missing. Now Copilot says that it does not have the ability to read files, so I am assuming they got rid of that feature.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-03-29T06:08:53+00:00

    Hello AlexxCosta.

    Welcome to Microsoft Community.

    Regarding to your information I assume that you have some issues on Copilot.

    We have tested and can reproduce the issue you mentioned. Yesterday, another user also reported a similar problem.

    (It seems that the feature was still available during yesterday's testing.)

    Since the returned webpage entirely depends on the server, we recommend that you provide feedback directly to the developers

    using the feedback button and wait for them to resolve the issue.

    If there is anything not clear, please do not hesitate to let me know.

    Best Regards,

    Tommy-MSFT | Microsoft Community Support Specialist

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments