I can't add my phone number \\ Try another verification method error

Anonymous
2023-11-28T04:14:53+00:00

Please help I encountered this error while attempting to add a phone number to my Microsoft account. The error message I received is as follows:


"Add phone number


Try another verification method That verification method isn't working right now. Please try another method."

screenshots: https://ibb.co/HBqzpth
https://ibb.co/YyMmkGd

I have attempted to add my phone number using the provided verification method, but it seems to be malfunctioning at the moment. As a result, I am unable to successfully link my phone number to my Microsoft account also I would like to claim a Microsoft Reward, but I need to add a phone number. However, I am encountering this problem.

Microsoft Edge | Profile, sync, and sign in | Windows 11

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-01-30T06:42:52+00:00

    i have no problem getting into my account i just cant add my phone number to get a code from microsoft rewards as this is the only way they will send me the reward token.

    i added MS Authenticator to my phone & account and can sign in this way but to redeem my reward they only will do this if they can send me a text message. which they did about 4 times but the delay was so long i had tried to add my phone number to account five times before the first code came through and now i think they have locked that part of my profile to add a phone number.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  3. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  4. Anonymous
    2024-01-17T00:24:53+00:00

    it doesn't work

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-11-28T07:36:59+00:00

    Hi, Dave.

    I'm Jen. I'm an independent advisor and would happily help you figure this out.

    I understand you're unable to add your phone number to your account. I suggest that you first try clearing your browser's cache, cookies and site data then restart your browser and then retry adding your phone number. If the issue persists, try using inprivate browsing or a different browser or device. If all possible step are exhausted, it would be best to reach out to support to investigate your account and for better assistance.
    https://rewards.bing.com/support

    I hope this helps. Feel free to share how it went.

    Kind regards.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments