I can't add my phone number \\ Try another verification method error

Anonymous
2023-11-28T04:14:53+00:00

Please help I encountered this error while attempting to add a phone number to my Microsoft account. The error message I received is as follows:


"Add phone number


Try another verification method That verification method isn't working right now. Please try another method."

screenshots: https://ibb.co/HBqzpth
https://ibb.co/YyMmkGd

I have attempted to add my phone number using the provided verification method, but it seems to be malfunctioning at the moment. As a result, I am unable to successfully link my phone number to my Microsoft account also I would like to claim a Microsoft Reward, but I need to add a phone number. However, I am encountering this problem.

Microsoft Edge | Profile, sync, and sign in | Windows 11

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-11-28T05:10:39+00:00

    Tip : How can I verify my Microsoft account without a phone number

    You can try using an alternate contact method like an email address

    or authentication app. This offers flexibility and verifies your identity.

    You can also use security questions, set up during the account

    creation process. This will prove you own the

    account and you can get back in


    Also read this Microsoft Support article, about authentication methods

    Link : Sign in using two-step verification or security info - Microsoft Support

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments