Managing profiles and sync in Microsoft Edge on Windows 10
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Please help I encountered this error while attempting to add a phone number to my Microsoft account. The error message I received is as follows:
"Add phone number
Try another verification method That verification method isn't working right now. Please try another method."
screenshots:
https://ibb.co/HBqzpth
https://ibb.co/YyMmkGd
I have attempted to add my phone number using the provided verification method, but it seems to be malfunctioning at the moment. As a result, I am unable to successfully link my phone number to my Microsoft account also I would like to claim a Microsoft Reward, but I need to add a phone number. However, I am encountering this problem.
Managing profiles and sync in Microsoft Edge on Windows 10
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Same Problem with my account is your problem slove or not
Yes same bro
I have tried this route AT LEAST 6 times over the past 8 months...
DOESN'T work. I have tried both via phone and laptop... doesn't work
I still get the message "This alias cannot be added to your account. Choose a different alias."
I have emailed Microsoft support 3 or 4 times and they tell me to use a friends phone number!!
REALLY??! ****
It appears that Microsoft doesn't care and I am NOT THE ONLY ONE experiencing this issue.
Clearly they need better technology because this is absurd.
My phone number worked for many years, until one day last year it didn't.
Get on the line with Microsoft tech support they can help on there website they have link which you go on to get on line and talk about the issue which I got fixed
I found a method that worked for me. (I had the same problem and was looking for answers around the Microsoft community.)
This was the entire reply from a separate thread:
"Hello Aronas,
Good to see you in Microsoft Community.
I suggest you try adding the phone number again by following the steps below:
I recommend that you visit the above link in your phone's browser (using cellular, not WiFi) to add a phone number, which theoretically excludes other distractions and allows the same ISP (Internet Service Provider) to minimize latency.
If anything is unclear, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Best Regards,
Mosken_L - MSFT | Microsoft Community Support Specialist"
TL;DR
Open the link in your browser with your phone while using your cellular data and then try adding your phone number.