I can't add my phone number \\ Try another verification method error

Anonymous
2023-11-28T04:14:53+00:00

Please help I encountered this error while attempting to add a phone number to my Microsoft account. The error message I received is as follows:


"Add phone number


Try another verification method That verification method isn't working right now. Please try another method."

screenshots: https://ibb.co/HBqzpth
https://ibb.co/YyMmkGd

I have attempted to add my phone number using the provided verification method, but it seems to be malfunctioning at the moment. As a result, I am unable to successfully link my phone number to my Microsoft account also I would like to claim a Microsoft Reward, but I need to add a phone number. However, I am encountering this problem.

Microsoft Edge | Profile, sync, and sign in | Windows 11

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-01-30T06:42:52+00:00

    i have no problem getting into my account i just cant add my phone number to get a code from microsoft rewards as this is the only way they will send me the reward token.

    i added MS Authenticator to my phone & account and can sign in this way but to redeem my reward they only will do this if they can send me a text message. which they did about 4 times but the delay was so long i had tried to add my phone number to account five times before the first code came through and now i think they have locked that part of my profile to add a phone number.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-03-03T09:36:52+00:00

    Yes, It seems like the problem might be with our internet provider. They could be blocking the ability to add phone numbers but I'm not sure though. I found that I was able to add a phone number by using mobile data instead of Wi-Fi. You can try Using mobile data instead of Wi-Fi or try Connecting to a different Wi-Fi network. hope it works for you bro

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-01-17T00:24:53+00:00

    it doesn't work

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-03-06T22:24:48+00:00

    I went through their "chat" for a resolution, and their service person had me doing numerous things for TWO HOURS, to then at the end tell me they don't have access to my information for security reasons. So, whatever you do, don't bother using chat. They will just waste two hours of your life.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-03-06T09:29:42+00:00

    where and how did you contact them? ive contatced hem sweveral times but theyre not replying to the gmails they've sent

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments