Other issues or features related to Microsoft Edge on Windows 11
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
In Edge Collections, how do I sort collections alphabetically? It used to be easy to do.
Other issues or features related to Microsoft Edge on Windows 11
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Will Microsoft wake up?
Being somewhat of a power-user, the previous version of Collections was such a useful tool.
The updated version, without the functionality to sort collections alphabetically, renders Collections so cumbersome and time-consuming to use, I am reluctantly but actively keeping my eye out for an alternative browser. I am a content creator mining the internet for the majority of the content I use. With such an emphasis on content creation virtually...everywhere, I simply don't understand why Microsoft removed such a basic feature functionality such as the ability to sort your collections alphabetically. Microsoft, redeem yourselves and replace the Microsoft Edge Collections Sort by Alphabet Functionality...NOW.
This information seems to be out of date as of 9/26/2023. There is not "Collections" menu which appears when you click on the Collections icon. Rather the Collections sidebar appears and there is no sort option there I can find.
Once you specify a sorting order, can it be saved so that each time you open EDGE the Collections and thie respective webpages are sorted the way you previously selected. I spend far too much time sorting; this should be a set it once and forget it thing.
Edge retains order over invocations of the collections panel as long as you are signed in.