In Edge Collections, how do I sort collections alphabetically? It used to be easy to do.

Anonymous
2023-05-24T15:44:54+00:00

In Edge Collections, how do I sort collections alphabetically? It used to be easy to do.

Microsoft Edge | Other | Windows 11

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-08-12T10:13:08+00:00

    I am having the same issue as Richard Robinson4. I used to be abIe to sort and now I cannot. When I did sort alphabetically, it never remained that way and would always revert back.

    I will not purchase anything that you mention just to get that feature back.

    What can I do. I have not changed anything to make this happen.

    thank you,

    AVB

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-08-12T14:19:20+00:00

    What can I do. I have not changed anything to make this happen.

    At present, you must sort collections and their contents manually while signed in: Click "...", click "Manage", drag collections (or entries, if you are within a collection) to where you want them, click "Save" when you are done.

    Microsoft removed automatic alphabetic ordering in an update to Edge. However, Edge now retains order over invocations of the collections panel (as long as you are signed in).

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-08-12T14:30:39+00:00

    i'm requesting microsoft to put back in the alphabet sorting.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-08-12T14:45:41+00:00

    i'm requesting microsoft to put back in the alphabet sorting.

    If you do it from the feedback dialog (Alt + Shift + I) while on this page, Edge will include a URL to this discussion.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-08-26T06:38:38+00:00

    Come on Microsoft, this needs to be replaced ASAP or people will start to go back to using Opera GX - I have now reluctantly gone back to it. :(

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments