In Edge Collections, how do I sort collections alphabetically? It used to be easy to do.

Anonymous
2023-05-24T15:44:54+00:00

In Edge Collections, how do I sort collections alphabetically? It used to be easy to do.

Microsoft Edge | Other | Windows 11

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-07-12T02:08:47+00:00

    if you click the Collections icon on the top toolbar, then on the resulting menu, click the 3 dots at the top of the menu, you should see the sorting options.

    What you see when you click the three dots depends on whether you are signed in or not. You see "Sort by name" if you are not signed in. If you are signed in, you see "Manage". This gives you handles by which to drag collections up and down.

    Be aware that signing out, sorting by name, and signing back in does not work. Further, I do not trust that my local data corresponds to what gets synced when I am signed in. I have spent hours sorting collections manually (while signed in). Thankfully, the order survives invocations of the Collections panel, which is not true for "Sort by name".

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-07-12T03:29:27+00:00

    I want to "sort by name." You didn't mention whether you can do that automatically or manually (dragging handles up and down, I guess.) I have hundreds of collections, so I don't want to organize them manually.

    I'm only seeing "Manage" now.

    What do I do to get sort by name automatically?

    Thanks.

    ****

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-07-12T03:37:00+00:00

    I was told by Microsoft a month or two ago that I will be able to sort alphabetically with the next update. But nothing has changed for me.

    ****

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-07-12T12:54:06+00:00

    What do I do to get sort by name automatically?

    Currently, you must sort collections and their contents manually if you also want them to be synced (for which you must be signed in).

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-07-17T05:03:22+00:00

    This is the method with the "old" Collections. Since MS - in their wisdom - modified the Collections, this does not work.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments