In Edge Collections, how do I sort collections alphabetically? It used to be easy to do.

Anonymous
2023-05-24T15:44:54+00:00

In Edge Collections, how do I sort collections alphabetically? It used to be easy to do.

Microsoft Edge | Other | Windows 11

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-07-11T17:39:41+00:00

    Yes Richard Gall is correct. It used to be the case, several weeks ago, prior to a Collections "update" I could click on the three dots and have the option to Sort Alphabetically among other options. That is no longer the case. Clicking on the three dots opens options to Manage and Learn More. The Manage option only allows one to Reorder the Collections.

    This is a real problem for me, as I have many, many collections, and scrolling through them all to find a particular collection is too time consuming and renders the option no longer useful as a productivity tool.

    Please replace the Sort Alphabetically option!

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-08-26T15:04:36+00:00

    Being somewhat of a power-user, the previous version of Collections was such a useful tool.

    The updated version, without the functionality to sort collections alphabetically, renders Collections so cumbersome and time-consuming to use, I am reluctantly but actively keeping my eye out for an alternative browser. I am a content creator mining the internet for the majority of the content I use. With such an emphasis on content creation virtually...everywhere, I simply don't understand why Microsoft removed such a basic feature functionality such as the ability to sort your collections alphabetically. Microsoft, redeem yourselves and replace the Microsoft Edge Collections Sort by Alphabet Functionality...NOW.

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-08-12T14:30:39+00:00

    i'm requesting microsoft to put back in the alphabet sorting.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-01-07T01:25:51+00:00

    That is exactly my experience as well. It seems that Co-Pilot is serving up old information. What was described is how it used to work before some genius on the Edge team decided to de-feature one of the better parts of Edge making it essentially worthless.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-05-25T13:52:49+00:00

    I followed your directions (clicking the Edge house icon home page and on same bar the collections icon), but my collections is still opening to "create new collection."

    I tried to find something in settings to correct this in settings but didn't find anything.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments