Launching Microsoft Edge on Windows 11
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Xbox One, Microsoft Edge won't open. Was working yesterday, now it doesn't.
Microsoft support is of no help, if they don't disconnect your call then, they want you to do everything you already have done before even contacting them: I already did a soft reboot, hard reboot, clear local games, check updates (cant update Microsoft Edge), keep apps/games updated, etc...
Launching Microsoft Edge on Windows 11
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Okay, I've had the same issue as everyone else, have done everything including totally erasing every hint of edge from my system including the registry, and a hundred other things. WHY does this work? Because it worked!
Thanks!!
It works
My edge is als bugged out since a few days ago. Wanted to try this solution, but this folder doesn't exist for me. Only user/AppData/Local/MicrosoftEdge. There is no state file in there to delete. Do I have some sort of legacy version or something? Or is it because I already tried de- & re-installing edge?
In case it helps, what caused the problem for me is:
Troubleshooting tried:
Nothing helped so far. But if anyone here senses where the problem lies for me (or if it is even the same kind of problem), please let me know =')
(just reread the initial question asked: I am on PC, not XBox, if that matters whoops)
Me too
Probably there is a bug in window's new updates or edge was corrupted
Try this:
Open
%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Edge\User Data\
Then, delete the file "Local State"
After that, try opening Edge once again. If everything goes right it should open.
Thanks! This saved me :D