Why is Microsoft Edge not responding, won't open?

Anonymous
2024-02-10T18:51:36+00:00

Xbox One, Microsoft Edge won't open. Was working yesterday, now it doesn't.

Microsoft support is of no help, if they don't disconnect your call then, they want you to do everything you already have done before even contacting them: I already did a soft reboot, hard reboot, clear local games, check updates (cant update Microsoft Edge), keep apps/games updated, etc...

Microsoft Edge | Open the browser | Windows 11

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2024-11-19T04:29:28+00:00

Okay, I've had the same issue as everyone else, have done everything including totally erasing every hint of edge from my system including the registry, and a hundred other things. WHY does this work? Because it worked!

Was this answer helpful?

5 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-05-27T14:25:35+00:00

    Try this:

    Open %LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Edge\User Data\

    Then, delete the file "Local State"

    After that, try opening Edge once again. If everything goes right it should open.

    Thanks! This saved me :D

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-05-27T01:43:04+00:00

    Me too

    Probably there is a bug in window's new updates or edge was corrupted

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-05-26T20:21:27+00:00

    My edge is als bugged out since a few days ago. Wanted to try this solution, but this folder doesn't exist for me. Only user/AppData/Local/MicrosoftEdge. There is no state file in there to delete. Do I have some sort of legacy version or something? Or is it because I already tried de- & re-installing edge?

    In case it helps, what caused the problem for me is:

    1. Start up edge, apparently it updated and now asks for synchronisation.
    2. Click to desynchronise everything because I can't remember if I already synchronised and wanted to decide later.
    3. A lot of tabs I already had open at the time (had like 50 ^^') bug out (those with hotmail and such open).
    4. Close edge and try to re-open to see what it does.
    5. Never opens again, clicking it causes something to load, but edge never starts.

    Troubleshooting tried:

    • No edge process still running in taskmanager.
    • Tried re-installing from both another browser and windows store.
    • Tried rebooting pc and running updates
    • Tried modifying both edge and webview2

    Nothing helped so far. But if anyone here senses where the problem lies for me (or if it is even the same kind of problem), please let me know =')

    (just reread the initial question asked: I am on PC, not XBox, if that matters whoops)

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-05-26T19:15:14+00:00

    Thanks!!

    It works

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments