Why is Microsoft Edge not responding, won't open?

Anonymous
2024-02-10T18:51:36+00:00

Xbox One, Microsoft Edge won't open. Was working yesterday, now it doesn't.

Microsoft support is of no help, if they don't disconnect your call then, they want you to do everything you already have done before even contacting them: I already did a soft reboot, hard reboot, clear local games, check updates (cant update Microsoft Edge), keep apps/games updated, etc...

Microsoft Edge | Open the browser | Windows 11

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2024-11-19T04:29:28+00:00

Okay, I've had the same issue as everyone else, have done everything including totally erasing every hint of edge from my system including the registry, and a hundred other things. WHY does this work? Because it worked!

Was this answer helpful?

5 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-07-09T02:49:58+00:00

    i have the same exact problem i even updated my BIOS and this keep happening. I can't even use the Get help application as its just a white screen when i boot the app up. I cant access customer support on a web browser either as it says access denied.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-06-25T11:24:26+00:00

    Try this:

    Open %LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Edge\User Data\

    Then, delete the file "Local State"

    After that, try opening Edge once again. If everything goes right it should open.

    Hi Gresteh,
    I had a case where the MS Edge browser did not start at all, I tried to reinstall it, deleting the "Local State" file helped
    Thank You
    Best Regards,
    Artur
    

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-06-21T20:18:21+00:00

    I did a factory reset and I did all the steps to sign in and nothing will open.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-06-21T10:22:42+00:00

    edge will not connect to internet but will with goggle chrome

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments