Why is Microsoft Edge not responding, won't open?

Anonymous
2024-02-10T18:51:36+00:00

Xbox One, Microsoft Edge won't open. Was working yesterday, now it doesn't.

Microsoft support is of no help, if they don't disconnect your call then, they want you to do everything you already have done before even contacting them: I already did a soft reboot, hard reboot, clear local games, check updates (cant update Microsoft Edge), keep apps/games updated, etc...

Microsoft Edge | Open the browser | Windows 11

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2024-11-19T04:29:28+00:00

Okay, I've had the same issue as everyone else, have done everything including totally erasing every hint of edge from my system including the registry, and a hundred other things. WHY does this work? Because it worked!

Was this answer helpful?

5 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-05-26T11:04:07+00:00

    Try this:

    Open %LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Edge\User Data\

    Then, delete the file "Local State"

    After that, try opening Edge once again. If everything goes right it should open.

    Was this answer helpful?

    100+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-02-10T21:18:14+00:00

    Hi, good day! I'm Jerico T., I understand that you're having some issues right now, I'll do my best to help you with your concern.

    Kindly try to make sure that Windows is up to date then perform the steps below.

    1. Press Windows key + I to open settings.
    2. Click Apps.
    3. Click on Installed apps.
    4. Search for Microsoft Edge (do this to Xbox also).
    5. Click the three (3) dots beside Microsoft Edge and select Modify.
    6. A Window will pop-up, click Yes.
    7. Click the Repair button and follow the steps on your screen.

    If the steps above did not work, please run a System File Checker to check if there are any corrupted system files that's causing the issue. Click the link below for the steps.

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/usi...

    Please do let me know if you need any further assistance.

    Hope this help. Have a good day.

    Thank you,

    Jerico T.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-05-25T06:02:04+00:00

    I'm having the same issue as of today. No udpates were installed or anything, just suddenly it crashed and is not oppening.

    I restarted

    I tried reparing

    I completely uninstalled and redownloaded it the installed it again

    I installed it in different ways, through a download file and the through the app store

    I ran system health check DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth 

    nothing is working. and when I check the reliability report it's showing me nothing about edge.

    note: I noticed also an update that shows under apps, installed on 24 of May. Unable to modify or uninstall the update. Also the update stays there under apps even after removing edge. Maybe has something to do with this problem? Update: 1.3.187.39

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-05-26T18:32:21+00:00

    that WORKED! well done.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments