Edge Update Causing Issues with Highlighting and Copy/Paste From Web Form Fields

Anonymous
2024-11-18T17:07:27+00:00

Edge has been updated and it's causing issues with highlighting and copy/paste from a web form field. I tested this on 3 different PCs. The issue presents itself with Edge version: Version 131.0.2903.51 (Official build) (64-bit). 2 of my PCs were updated to that version and do not work. The PC that is still on the older version of Edge 130.0.2849.80 (Official build) (64-bit) still works. Rolled a browser on a PC having the issue back to Edge 130.0.2849.80 and the problem went away. Anyon else having this issue?

Microsoft Edge | Other | Windows 11

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-06-27T12:16:46+00:00

    The issue does periodically popup with new builds of Edge. As a workaround I downloaded Edge beta which is on a different build since we had an application that required the use of Edge.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-06-26T22:48:43+00:00

    Just updated to Edge Version 138.0.3351.55 (Official build) (64-bit) and still seeing this issue. Pasted text appears but doesn’t register unless you alter the field afterward. Would love to see this resolved.

    Chrome does not have this same behavior. Chrome behaves as expected. But I still like Edge's feature set better.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-03-30T17:19:44+00:00

    YES AND IT SUCKS BIG TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ANYONE KNOW HOW TO GET IT DONE?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-03-20T01:50:38+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-01-14T20:49:31+00:00

    I installed Micrsoft Edge beta on my machine and now I have two versions to choose from. Usually if I have issues with one I do not have it with the other one.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments