Edge Android does not truly install PWA

Anonymous
2024-04-05T04:21:06+00:00

I believe Edge Android does not truly installs PWA, instead it creates a shortcut on the home screen. If I install PWA from Chrome, the app is added to the App drawer and also shows up in Settings > Apps list. This is not the case when installing via Edge. It only shows up on the home screen and there is a edge logo at the bottom right corner of the app logo.

This is not a site specific issue, I have created multiple PWAs that install perfectly on other platforms and browsers except Edge. I even tried the demo from Edge and it also behaves in the same way.

Microsoft Edge | Website issues | MacOS

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

8 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. paulr0511 48,640 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2024-04-07T03:23:42+00:00

    Alright Vipul and hopefully this will be fixed anytime soon.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-04-07T03:12:07+00:00

    Ah got it. It was under "All Menu".

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. paulr0511 48,640 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2024-04-07T02:54:06+00:00

    On Android it is the 3 dots > Send feedback and you can cascade it from there.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments