Managing bookmarks, browsing history, and downloads in Edge on Windows 10
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Edge version: Version 90.0.818.56 (Official build) (64-bit)
Many new Edge User installs have the option to pin download and history icons to the tool bar, but mine does not.
How do i get them to show up?
Managing bookmarks, browsing history, and downloads in Edge on Windows 10
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Can Your explain the complete process of what you did i am facing similar problems .
I am having the same problem of icons missing from the toolbar could you please elaborate this process. I would be really helpful.
Thank you for that - it worked!
I could not delete the folder from file explorer and had to use an admin PowerShell and Remove-item to delete it, but I followed your steps and it worked perfectly. Thank you
Did you ever get an answer to this? I have many users with the same complaint. The Downloads is in the taskbar on most systems but some systems it is in the status bar at the bottom of the window. The old way (Chrome). They like the new taskbar version of the download manager but it is not an option on these systems. This thread is a bit old so even with a controlled rollout, this should have gotten to everyone by now.
One article says to click on the elipsis (...) and then right click on Downloads but doing this on these systems goes straight to the Downloads page (edge://Downloads/All) rather than giving you a context menu. And as OP presented, the option is not there in the Appearance Settings. History option is not present either, but that is not a user complaint on my end.
Versions of Windows are all the same (21H1) and Edge is the same and up-to-date.
No answer. The problem persists.
By any chance, were the ones that "work" created after the one that doesn't?
I noticed the same symptom. The account where Edge is not working appears to have existed during a certain update that locks it in.
Have you deleted that account on that computer and recreated it?
I got rid of the issue by deleting and recreating.
If you are all backed up in OneDrive and sync is on in Edge and other browsers, you should be able recreate with a little effort and time.