Managing bookmarks, browsing history, and downloads in Edge on Windows 10
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Edge version: Version 90.0.818.56 (Official build) (64-bit)
Many new Edge User installs have the option to pin download and history icons to the tool bar, but mine does not.
How do i get them to show up?
Managing bookmarks, browsing history, and downloads in Edge on Windows 10
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Just a clue: I have a secondary local guest account on that computer. I have just switched to that account and Edge does show the missing icons (when running on that account).
It means that there is somewhere in my main Microsoft account a "setting" saying to behave like that i.e., without those icons.
I did, in turn, deleted the %localappdata%\Microsoft\Edge folder on my main account Microsoft and restarted Edge. And for some moments it did bring back the missing icons. But now they are gone again!
Did you switched to dev branch? My pinned icons disappeared after joining Dev branch for Win11 and restarted edge. The files are downloaded at bottom same as chrome.
Edit: I am not sure it was after joining dev branch. I do remember few hours ago, Edge showed me first-time welcome screen and asked me to sign in. I disabled and re-enabled few services few hours ago
No, no dev branch at all.
Thank you @PankajTalesara1!
Is it set to clear browser cookies? If so, can you turn that setting off and see if anything changes?
Eric
I do not clean cookies with CCleaner. I only clean temporary files with it. Anyway, I have disabled that cleaning and it made not change at all.
Thank you @Eric-SE!
PS: sorry for my delayed answer.
Did you switched to dev branch? My pinned icons disappeared after joining Dev branch for Win11 and restarted edge. The files are downloaded at bottom same as chrome.
Edit: I am not sure it was after joining dev branch. I do remember few hours ago, Edge showed me first-time welcome screen and asked me to sign in. I disabled and re-enabled few services few hours ago
Is it set to clear browser cookies? If so, can you turn that setting off and see if anything changes?
Eric