Troubleshooting website display or functionality issues in Edge on Windows 10
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
this just started happening in the last three days. I don't know what specifically i am redirected to. It might be ads. i will click on real results, but the links that open in place, have nothing to do with what i click on. i have to click back, then the link again. They don't even appear in my history.
Troubleshooting website display or functionality issues in Edge on Windows 10
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
The owner of this house does not have a router (as far as I know). There is a DSL modem. I just know that my system cannot connect to windows 10 wifi in safe mode with networking. Those articles state there are vulnerabilities and some disadvantages for IPv6. I tried to even search for the type of adapter (not only my brand, but including my brand), and I could not find anything besides what i already found. It is just mostly a lot of "windows doesn't work in safe mode with networking."
The script seems like it was made specifically to allow an automatic connection (as opposed to the connection not existing). It shows it was there, but not connecting automatically.
i have different errors that i don't understand in the event viewer. might they be related?
Someone also thinks this could be a wifi stack problem, but so far, they told me only to remove all startup junk. Nothing seems off in the startup programs. It is basically all Adobe or Microsoft. Other than that, there is a Garmin program and a VPN program that won't even run in the background, unless I tell it to.
Here's how to troubleshoot Event Viewer errors:
https://www.howtogeek.com/school/using-windows-...
The VPN could be a problem. If you're not using it try removing it to see.
i may try to look more through that event viewer later. i don't have the vpn active since it seemed to interfere.
Look at this: https://microsoftedge.microsoft.com/addons/detail/new-tab-redirect/lcmffmdoeceoffjbihahaabfojodjmkf
i found that in chrome. i don't think that i had that, but i had a similar tab saver installed. However, it was installed a long time, but didn't seem to open that link as a domain to open pages in all the time i had it. However, I don't know if i actually used the extension in all the time it was installed. I have removed what I had to see if it does anything. I noted that it was only happening in Edge. Regardless, I still need to repair safe mode with networking. I have also posted elsewhere to see if other people have suggestions. I've noted somebody thinks it is a wifi stack problem.
Let me know if I can help further. I'll stay subscribed to this thread in case you need anything else, until the system locks it in a few months.