why are some bing search results suddenly redirecting me to other pages?

Anonymous
2022-06-07T00:41:17+00:00

this just started happening in the last three days. I don't know what specifically i am redirected to. It might be ads. i will click on real results, but the links that open in place, have nothing to do with what i click on. i have to click back, then the link again. They don't even appear in my history.

Microsoft Edge | Website issues | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-06-07T20:20:45+00:00

    well, i was able to get into safe mode after talking to microsoft. However, i have a small problem: i cannot connect to the internet in safe mode with networking. On the phone, microsoft says to reinstall windows. I am not sure if that is the right way. They also disconnected from the phone and did not call back after telling me to download it.

    I may follow the instructions above if I have no alternative.

    I would like to ask about DISM and media creation tool etc. i had created a new profile before and someone repaired windows, but there was also a problem connecting to the internet in safe mode. DISM seems like there might be something related. These solutions were for removing encryption though, not for being unable to access safe mode with networking.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-06-07T18:19:13+00:00

    i will reply back here again later. HP is fishy to me about this. They say it is nothing to do with the manufacturer, but the research i have done says BIOS updates, USB-related issues can cause it to lock up, despite it being a windows security setting. They want to charge me. Even though it is Microsoft software, it is an HP system. Wouldn't HP have to partner with Microsoft to install Windows? It seems easier to have an HP factory and install Windows instead of send multiple model computer systems at a Microsoft factory. I have been to a Microsoft store before, and I know there are different model systems there, but I feel like it is not really a manufacturer of things like HP systems. I think I should not have to pay HP if something might be a factory setting. Some previous systems had pre-installed software. They would have had Microsoft software, some antivirus software, and maybe other things. These are not all made by microsoft. They need to contract with different companies to allow for licenses to install software. They also want users to purchase trial software.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-06-07T04:39:07+00:00

    Joshua, I will not lie to you: Once Bitlocker is turned on if you cannot find the key in your MS Account then the only option is usually to wipe the drive as I wrote earlier and reinstall Windows. Usually the files are lost, which is why I strongly suggest to have another backup method.

    However a few I've helped with this have been able to rescue their files using bootable media and the method I gave.

    I will do everything I can to help you. Let's see what your PC manufacturer says about pre-enabling Bitlocker which is often the culprit here, since the only other way it gets turned on is by the user.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-06-07T04:31:13+00:00

    Due to this system being one I’m waiting to get everything together to even be able to transfer backup data to, and I can’t even backup anything yet from it (well I might be able to, but I’m not sure completely), it may be difficult. I have sent a message to support. Hopefully I can get some information. I read that some people tried to turn off this encryption and it still stays encrypted.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-06-07T03:52:23+00:00

    Joshua, this does add some complication. If Bitlocker is enabled on your hard drive this may have been done at the factory, which the manufacturer's Support should tell you and provide what you need to know. Here are Dell, HP and Lenovo's explanation:

    https://www.dell.com/community/XPS/XPS-13-9360-...

    https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06458046

    https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Windows-10/Lenovo-...

    If you have those brands, I'd contact their Support as they need to fix this if they enabled it.

    If done since then it should always store the Recovery key that unlocks it in your MS Account.

    See here how to find the Recovery key for Bitlocker:

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/402618...

    Try removing or turning off Bitlocker by one of these methods:

    https://www.repairwin.com/how-to-remove-bitlock...

    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/37060-turn-...

    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/36701-turn-...

    Manual for managing Bitlocker:

    https://www.windowscentral.com/how-use-bitlocke...

    If you cannot find the key or turn off Bitlocker then you'll need to try to recover your data by one of the methods shown here:

    https://www.howtogeek.com/263561/how-to-recover...

    http://woshub.com/data-recovery-on-a-damaged-ha...

    A few have tried this method successfully to Rescue files using bootable media so WIndows isn't running and has no say:

    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki...

    If nothing else works then wipe the drive to reinstall WIndows as shown here:

    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/85819-erase...

    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki...

    Due to number of similar cases with files lost I would have a secondary backup just in case. You can periodically drag my User folders to external USB which you keep unplugged to protect against ransomware. Then I would also have a method using the cloud which is fire-, ransomware- and theft-proof:

    You can drag 5gb for free into OneDrive app to store in the cloud or backup your Documents, Pictures and/or Desktop to capture real time changes using OneDrive Backup here: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/116029-turn...

    If you install Google Drive Desktop, you can use their new Backup to choose User folders (Documents, Pictures, etc.) to sync up to 15g for free to their cloud: https://support.google.com/drive/answer/1083812...

    If you want to report this to Microsoft use the Feedback Hub app in Start Menu where developers are tasked to process consumer feedback. They will not even see it here. This is a tech forums staffed mostly by volunteers trying to help others with your problems.

    If you want to post back a Share link from your Feedback here others who see this thread can vote it up and add to it.

    I hope this helps. Feel free to ask back any questions and keep me posted. I will keep working with you until it's resolved.

    ______________________________________________

    Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments