why are some bing search results suddenly redirecting me to other pages?

Anonymous
2022-06-07T00:41:17+00:00

this just started happening in the last three days. I don't know what specifically i am redirected to. It might be ads. i will click on real results, but the links that open in place, have nothing to do with what i click on. i have to click back, then the link again. They don't even appear in my history.

Microsoft Edge | Website issues | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-06-09T00:43:35+00:00

    The reinstall I would do is a Repair Install which reinstalls Windows while saving your files and apps in place, brings it up to the latest version by the most stable method, takes about an hour and resolves most problems: https://www.tomshardware.com/how-to/fix-windows...

    A Reset is only worth it if it offers a cloud reset which downloads fresh installation files so you're not using possibly corrupted onboard files, and if you back up your files first to choose the Deep Clean Reset which sets up a new Windows account in case yours is corrupted.

    Since you are thorough and an enthusiast you should also look over this tutorial for a gold standard Clean Install which compiles the best possible Install of Windows which will stay that way as long as you stick with the tools and methods given, has zero reported problems, and is better than any amount of money could buy: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki... Note that the driver steps are so important they are printed in red.

    The reason I suggest this is that no one who has adopted the install in the above link has ever come back to report further problems I've seen, including another version failure. This is because everything in Windows 10 is dependent upon the quality of the install, especially Version Updates which will choke on lesser quality installs, and there is no possibility of problems if you stick ONLY with the steps, tools and methods in that tutorial.

    It is also one of life's great learning experiences that will permanently make you the master of your PC because you will learn everything that works best and how to keep it that way.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-06-09T00:28:57+00:00

    yes, that is correct. thank you. i believe that some things may not work since i have tried the prior to using safe mode. I do want to repair it. I am not sure if anyone here has an ethernet cable, but I think what is used here is some kind of DSL modem, and not a router. Somehow wifi is connecting to it. I did reset the adapter a couple of times prior to updating the driver. This was probably done in the past month. I have never used safe mode before that. I have also reset the network. I have gone into safe mode after posting my original post, but it did what I said: it would not connect to the network. I tried various steps like you mentioned (msconfig telling it to start with network, starting the wan service- or something like that), tried to even run adwcleaner in regular mode.

    My USB wifi adapter, as i have mentioned, i used it on the previous computer. I think it initially worked. But there was some issue. In that case, what probably happened was the internet connection stopped. Now I cannot say that it was always used in safe mode, but i know that some conflict with it occurred. I typed in the connection (or something like that), and then it asked me if i wanted to replace the current connection. It basically made it unusable. i may have been able to uninstall the software, but since that system is failing, I am waiting to figure out this system so i can transfer data.

    I don't need to explain all of that. I just need to fix the safe mode issue here. I think the USB thing is only a temporary solution.

    I could try to do the windows installation, yet if I did that, and it is still the same, we are back to square one. Can you tell me if you know if it is true that it can leave files that are here like all of the programs, and most settings? I am wondering if things might be erased. All this stuff is troubleshooting. i was given replacement software that i purchased 20 years ago. i might be able to get it from my account, but there aren't cds anymore. Preinstalled software is preinstalled. There aren't cds or DVDs. I am not the person that repaired my other system's windows before, but i downloaded the windows upgrade. That was before installing new software. i only have discs for old software. everything is on clouds now. So I have installation files probably for some things, but definitely not some things. I even went through steps to troubleshoot peripherals to make them work on this system.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-06-08T23:14:42+00:00

    You said Safe Mode with Networking was not working, asked several times about fixing it. So I gave you the troubleshooting steps for Wifi to try in Safe Mode, since you said you couldn't use ethernet and Wifi should be working anyway. Did you want to repair your Wifi in Safe Mode with Networking?

    As to the USB adapter, I would use one which is labeled to work in Windows 10 or 11, although an earlier one might still work but I would not buy an older one.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-06-08T23:09:23+00:00

    i am not understanding. most of that stuff is stuff i have done outside of this issue. I have wireless networking functioning outside of safe mode without errors. That is why I have replied with the previous reply. There is nothing wrong with the router itself. The adapter itself has also been reset when there was internet connection problems before. I do not have internet connection problems. I have network connection problems only in safe mode with networking. For instance, like I said, the adapter became disabled (or rather connection altogether). I am wondering if you can see if my last reply makes any sense. The adapter shows up in safe mode. It has never been changed basically until the last 24 hours. I have explained what I know of myself too.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-06-08T22:53:29+00:00

    Were you able to fix Safe Mode with Networking with the WIfi fixes I gave you?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments