why are some bing search results suddenly redirecting me to other pages?

Anonymous
2022-06-07T00:41:17+00:00

this just started happening in the last three days. I don't know what specifically i am redirected to. It might be ads. i will click on real results, but the links that open in place, have nothing to do with what i click on. i have to click back, then the link again. They don't even appear in my history.

Microsoft Edge | Website issues | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-06-13T00:41:01+00:00

    The chance you'll need to Safe Mode with networking are about 5%. I've never needed it. If you did you could use Safe Mode without networking and shuttle files over from another PC. It really is not worth obsessing about it for over a week.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-06-13T00:31:26+00:00

    thanks. i appreciate it. i am trying to find out more answers regarding safe mode with networking. i don't think it is a wifi stack, since that seems to be if there is all-around wifi problems. Hopefully it isn't that the adapter is not compatible somehow with safe mode, as there can be various reasons to work out of safe mode, and it might not always be an option to get an ethernet cable and sit by a router (though usually it has been due to some sort of OS corruption of a virus/malware).

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-06-11T14:25:13+00:00

    Let me know if I can help further. I'll stay subscribed to this thread in case you need anything else, until the system locks it in a few months.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-06-11T07:42:32+00:00

    i may try to look more through that event viewer later. i don't have the vpn active since it seemed to interfere.

    Look at this: https://microsoftedge.microsoft.com/addons/detail/new-tab-redirect/lcmffmdoeceoffjbihahaabfojodjmkf

    i found that in chrome. i don't think that i had that, but i had a similar tab saver installed. However, it was installed a long time, but didn't seem to open that link as a domain to open pages in all the time i had it. However, I don't know if i actually used the extension in all the time it was installed. I have removed what I had to see if it does anything. I noted that it was only happening in Edge. Regardless, I still need to repair safe mode with networking. I have also posted elsewhere to see if other people have suggestions. I've noted somebody thinks it is a wifi stack problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-06-10T18:47:20+00:00

    Here's how to troubleshoot Event Viewer errors:

    https://www.howtogeek.com/school/using-windows-...

    The VPN could be a problem. If you're not using it try removing it to see.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments